Contact Us    Member Directory     Log In
 
   
 
CSR News
News and Publications

ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT: Palo and Tanauan, Leyte Clearing Ops

The Philippine Constructors Association, Inc. (PCA) and the Association of Carriers and Equipment Lessors, Inc (ACEL) conducted clearing operations in Palo and Tanauan, Leyte last November 13 to 18.

The operation commenced with a coordination meeting with the Office of the Governor where they discussed the areas in Palo that they should prioritize, possible disposal site/s, security, staging area, fuel supply prior to mobilization and schedule of clearing.

On November 14, the PCA-ACEL Team mobilized one set of equipment which included two dump trucks, one payloader and one tractor trailer to jumpstart the clearing. The team started clearing in front of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) office going south (MacArthur Memorial Landing Park) and was able to accomplish 500 meters of road in total.



The following day, the team managed to accomplish a total length of 1500 meters which covered the area from the intersection at Oval of Boy Scout Monument going to the left side of the Oval (350 meters both sides), from the intersection going to the right side of the Oval (750 meters both sides), and from the other end of the intersection at the Oval going to South (MacArthur Memorial Landing Park) which was 450 meters at both sides.

During the mobilization on the 15th, the team used two dump trucks, one pay loader and one wheel type backhoe. One of the obstructions encountered was the presence of electrical wires and cables.



On November 16, the team started clearing the area of San Joaquin St. going to South (Palo Cathedral, right side) and accomplished a total length of 2,000 meters.

The team deployed a set of equipment which included one payloader, one dump truck, one wheel type backhoe and one tower light. Just like the previous days, fallen wires and cables were the major causes of obstruction and slow accomplishment in the area.


During the operation, the team retrieved five cadavers in the area.



The area of San Joaquin St. going to South (left side) was the focus of operations on November 17, where the team accomplished a total of 2,000 meters. The team deployed one set of equipment which included one payloader, one wheel type backhoe and two dump trucks. They retrieved six cadavers in the area.



The team also cleared the area along Maharlika Highway and accomplished 2500 meters of road (right side). Five cadavers were retrieved during the operation.



On November 19, the team retrieved another two cadavers and accomplished a total length of 2,200 meters along Maharlika Highway (Palo going to Tanauan), where they deployed two dump trucks, one payloader and one wheel type backhoe. They began the clearing at 6:00 A.M. and finished off at 8:00 P.M.


The next day, the team continued to clean and clear the road along Maharlika Highway (Tanauan) and accomplished 1,800 meters (both sides). The team cited electric wires and cables as the major obstructions in their clearing.


On November 21, the team managed to clean a total length of 950 meters along Maharlika Highway and the road surrounding the Municipal Hall. As per the request of the Mayor of Tanauan, the team accomplished additional 500 square meters for the proposed settlement area of the municipality.


The team was also directed to clear the Tanauan Public Market on November 23, where they deployed a set of dump trucks, payloaders and wheel type backhoes and accomplished 900 meters (both sides) of road.


The team reported to have had a stop and go operation on the said date due to pedestrians at the worksite.


The last day of clearing operation in Tanauan was on November 24, where the team managed to clear 300 meters (both sides) of road along Tanauan Public Market. The team deployed three dump trucks, one payloader and one wheel type backhoe to facilitate the clearing.

Narrow width of access road going to the market as well as the presence of vendors restricted the team from accomplishing more.

By the end of the day, the team was able to clear 90% of the Public Market while the military took over the remaining 10%.





 

 

 

Home | Events | Contact Us | Site Map | Private Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright 2011 Philippine Constructors Association